We've long been advocates of WellChild and the incredible work that they do to support poorly children across the UK.
So when the charity approached Total Merchandise to ask if we'd lend our support to their 2023 WellChild Awards, we were more than happy to oblige.
- Revealed: The Promotional Essentials Every Charity Needs In 2023
- Finalists! Total Merchandise Honoured At The BPMA Awards
The annual WellChild Awards celebrate the bravery and inspirational attitudes of poorly children and young people across the UK, as well as honouring the care and support that they receive from both loved ones and professionals. This year's edition of the star-studded event was hosted at London's Hurlingham Club earlier this month.
Guests in attendance at the glitzy occasion included Prince Harry, Duke of Sussex, who has been a patron of the charity for over a decade and was unable to attend last year's event due to the death of his grandmother, Queen Elizabeth II. Other famous faces on the guest list included TV presenter Emma Willis, Harry Potter star Tom Felton and singer Sophie Ellis-Bextor, as well as comedian Katherine Ryan, singer Dougie Jones and Olympic athlete James Cracknell.
Total Merchandise was delighted to provide WellChild with our 15mm Locking Fabric Wristbands for the event, which offer a wearable alternative to traditional ticketing, as well as fantastic potential for post-event brand awareness.
"We give our wristbands to all guests, suppliers and everyone involved in the WellChild Awards as a security method first and foremost," explains Jessie Easterby, Events Manager at WellChild. "The designs are different every year and it ensures that we keep track of who has checked in - anyone without a wristband is alerted to security."
With the option to print on these wristbands in vibrant full colour, WellChild opted to create something extra-special that really represented the occasion.
"The unique wristbands are also a way of us telling our story to guests," says Jessie. "They're designed by the children and young people that WellChild supports and we give the guests a little card which tells them more about their wristband designer. This also has a QR code on, so guests can donate to WellChild if they wish."
"The children and young people are always so excited to be asked to design a wristband for the event and see their designs come to life and worn by guests, celebrities and VIPs on the evening," she continues. "We always send them their wristband after the event so they have it as a keepsake, which they love."
So what are the benefits of choosing our 15mm Locking Fabric Wristbands?
Jessie says that the wristbands are "the perfect size", with the feature that appealed the most being their locking system. "This meant that guests were unable to give their wristband to anyone else/take this off once on, which again acts as a good security method."
A few other benefits of these wristbands include...
- They can be ordered from just 100 units and are easy to store if you don't have much space pre-event
- They can be worn long after your event, generating awareness for your event or cause wherever the wearer goes
- They will be branded with your design in full colour, meaning you have full control over the finished look
Want to explore more options? Take a look at our full range of printed wristbands.
What To Consider When Choosing Merchandise For A Charity Event
Whether you're a seasoned purchaser of event merchandise or have never done it before, there are a few key pointers you should bear in mind when ordering products for a charitable event or fundraiser...
- Who will be receiving or using the products you order? Are your target recipients young or old, and existing patrons or potential new supporters? Factor this in when choosing your products to ensure that your target audience will actually use them.
- How many people are you actually ordering for? Our products all have minimum order quantities stated and you can also search by your ideal quantity amount on a category page to find the items that match your needs.
- Will the items keep spreading awareness for your cause post-event? Wearable items (like wristbands, badges and T-shirts) are all great to continue doing this, while tote bags and pens are highly cost-effective ways to keep your branding visible.
Take a look at our full range of charity merchandise for more tips and product ideas to suit any fundraiser or charitable occasion.
Event images by Thousand Word Media. Planning a charitable event? Total Merchandise has got all the products your organisation could need, ready to order with your logo today. Need help? Simply contact a member of our friendly and experienced Sales team on 01376 509092 today.