With the world getting more and more conscious of its carbon footprint, the popularity of eco-friendly promotional products is increasing significantly. A carbon footprint is measured by our direct emissions of CO2 from the burning of fossil fuels including domestic energy consumption and transportation (e.g. car and plane).
There are also indirect CO2 emissions from the whole lifecycle of products we use (so in other words the more we buy the more emissions will be caused on our behalf).
Many people leave a carbon foot print behind them, from everyday life, whether it’s from driving a car to work, watching television or having the corridor light on during the night. To reduce your carbon foot print, try walking or catching public transport to work, turn off the lights and open the curtains, and try spending some time with the family without the television on.
At home there are a few more things you can do to help reduce your carbon foot print:
• Turn off anything you’re not using, i.e. television, stereos, computers, lights, as the use 10 to 40% of the power when on standby.
• Only fill the kettle with the water you need, so you’re not using extra electricity boiling water you don’t need.
• Make sure you keep your fridge and freezer doors closed, only opening them when you need them.
• Inflate your tyres, this can improve fuel efficiency and save you money.
• Re-use your bags when you go shopping, and avoid buying too many products that have plastic packaging.
• Instead of driving, walk, bike or get public transport.
• Recycle as much as you can, so consume less and re-use old products.
Company and businesses can also reduce their carbon footprint by applying these rules in the office or workplace. They can also use eco-friendly promotional products in any advertising campaign they undertake. Eco-friendly promotional products can include; eco friendly mouse mats to organic T-Shirts and recycled pens or environmentally friendly clocks that run on water, wind up torches or earth friendly Jute Bags....
Eco-friendly promotional products can be used as souvenirs and corporate gifts to promote environmental awareness and promote the company or products and services. Using eco-friendly promotional products shows that the company or business cares about the welfare of the ecosystem. This can reflect a positive impression on the customer, elevating the brand image in return.
Eco-Friendly promotional products are also becoming increasingly popular with the general public; so many companies are choosing to have Eco-Friendly promotional products to meet customer demands.