Colchester, England · Sales
£22,000 basic, plus commission at 3.33% on profit earned over £10k.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the sales team of a highly successful and rapidly growing business based in Colchester, north Essex.
Launched in 2004, Total Merchandise is one of the UK’s largest suppliers of promotional products. Operating in a competitive and fast-moving market, we pride ourselves on our customer service and the long-lasting relationships we strike up with our customers.
Due to our continued success and expansion, we are currently looking for new individuals to join our sales team. The ideal candidate will be motivated by smashing targets and will enjoy the challenge of surpassing expectation, as well as the buzz of working in a vibrant office environment where no two days are the same.
Customer service is key to the Total Merchandise experience, so impeccable people skills – from your phone manner to your ability to understand order intricacies – are crucial. Whether you’re dealing with the Director of Marketing for a nationwide organization or the founder of a local start-up, you’ll understand that Total Merchandise strives to deliver a five-star experience for every customer and you will be passionate about adhering to this important element of our business.
The successful candidate will receive a basic £22k salary, plus commission at 3.33% on profit earnt over £10k. (Payable after probationary period is successfully completed.) Target bonuses of £250 per month.
Duties include and are not limited to:
- Communicating with customers via telephone and email
- Consistently providing a five-star experience, from preparing order quotes to getting feedback from customers once they’ve received their products
- Converting quotes into orders and liaising with clients every step of the process to ensure customer satisfaction
- Liaising with suppliers to check stock levels and ensure deadlines can be met; arranging artwork visuals and samples for clients to consider
- Data entry, including the creation of electronic files to store clients’ information regarding orders and updating them as orders progress
Skills essential for this role include:
- Brilliant communication skills, whether on the phone or via email
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced office environment
- Experienced at working towards targets/KPIs
- Computer literacy and keyboard skills are crucial
To apply for this role, please email your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.