Printed Sticky notes are an essential part of office stationery. They are also an example of common giveaways and promotional gifts. People use them around offices, houses, schools and everywhere and everyday. Little do most people know, these sticky notes were actually invented accidentally. It was that adhesive found on the back of these notes, that was invented first, but wasn’t found useful in any way. Then, one smart colleague of that adhesive-inventor came up with an amazing idea of using that adhesive to make sticky-notes.
Back in the 90s, there was only one company, which made these sticky notes, but that was until their patent ended. Now there are hundreds of brands, but most importantly you can get your company’s logo imprinted on your promotional sticky notes. The inventors of sticky notes couldn’t have imagined how people were going to use their invention for unique and creative ways. Although the notes serve a very useful purpose, people also use them as a form of art and entertainment.
The following are twenty-one things you can do with printed sticky notes.
1. The very first and perhaps the most common use of sticky notes is to stick them on your desktop monitor to remind you of the things you have to do today.
2. You can use these sticky notes as a learning aid by noting down new things you have learned and sticking them near places where the newly acquired knowledge must be implemented. For e.g. keyboard shortcuts on your desks.
3. Stick them on your refrigerator and keep noting down the things you are running out of in the kitchen. Take this note with you on your next trip to the grocery store.
4. Write a name and stick the note on the food that is supposed to be for some specific person.
5. Stick it on your television and don’t miss the next episode of your favourite soap.
6. Stick important reminders on the calendar, along the respective date.
7. Keep them near your telephone to write down important numbers and details during the call.
8. You can also write down important numbers and stick them near the phone, so you won’t have to open the phonebook in case of emergencies.
9. Write address details and instructions on them and stick them on your car’s dashboard.
10. You can also leave important project details on your employee’s or co-worker’s desk in case you are working on different shifts.
11. Write down a reminder about taking your medicine and stick them near your bed, dining table or office desk.
12. Write down what your pet or child eats and what they don’t. It will help their caretakers a lot.
13. Not only can you use them as a bookmark, but you can also jot down important page numbers and glossaries.
14. They are excellent things to use in storyboarding. You can always change the position or pattern.
15. They can be used for making beautiful origami structures.
16. Interesting enough, there are many who actually use colourful printed sticky notes to make sculptures and art-pieces.
17. You can use them as flashcards to learn a new language or to improve your vocabulary.
18. The adhesive portion has many interesting uses. For instance, you can use that part of the printed sticky notes as temporary tape.
19. It can be used to clean out crumbs and dirt stuck between the keyboard keys.
20. Wrap it around each wire to identify each one quickly (you should see the TM office!)
21. When bored, use them as a prank tool and cover someone’s stuff with them.