Colchester, Essex · Software Development
£25,000 - £35,000, subject to experience
A unique & exciting opportunity to join a growing software development team working with the latest web technologies inc AWS, Docker, PHP 7.4, Symfony, Node.js, & React
Total Merchandise is one of the UK’s leading and multi-award-winning distributors of branded promotional merchandise. Total Merchandise operates in a highly competitive and fast-moving market and as a trendsetter, develops industry-leading technologies to compete as a market leader.
Due to continued success and expansion, we are looking to recruit a website engineer to join our thriving and bustling web development team.
- Develop in-house bespoke software systems
- Optimise page-load speed via code optimisation and CDN delivery
- Improve code readability and maintainability
- Incorporate the latest web technologies into new and existing products
- Collaborate with the software development team
- Identify and analyse technical requirements for new systems and software
- Communicate with company stakeholders and other internal departments
The successful candidate will work closely with both the software development team and the marketing team to develop and improve the company’s technology products, from the front-end website to the back-end bespoke systems that power the core of the business. You will be using the latest and most powerful software development tools to produce outstanding technology products that provide Total Merchandise with a competitive advantage in our industry.
- Two years of experience in web development or another software engineering discipline
- Strong back-end experience with at least one of: PHP (preferred), Node.js, Java, Python, Golang, C++, or Ruby
- Strong communicator
- Strong analyst
- Strong desire to learn/experience in learning emerging technologies
Desirable skills & qualifications
- A flair for marketing
- A flair for UX design
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to join our business, which offers a professional and vibrant company culture in our modern offices in North Essex. Joining a fast-moving team, you’ll need to be a team player who can also work well independently.
We are looking for a well-informed excellent communicator that is able to effectively analyse technical requirements and relay these to other stakeholders. Experience working in a web development agency environment and working with clients directly will be a strong benefit. A flair for design or marketing disciplines is an added plus.
With a variety of exciting projects on the go at any given moment, the ideal candidate will be able to prioritise effectively, demonstrate a 'can do' attitude at all times and work well under pressure.
To apply for this role please email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com.