Fathers Day 2017: How to Boost Your Sales
Last month we showed you our favourite Father’s Day marketing campaigns over the past few years. Whilst those are there to inspire you, we also wanted to give you a few lower-key ideas that are incredibly easy to do for Father’s Day this year … psstt… it’s 18th June – don’t forget! Father’s Day is a lot of people’s favourite holiday as it is a time to say thank you to their Dad, get pampered by their children, and create campaigns to boost sales! As with any celebration day, as a business owner your aim is to give your customers reasons to come to you and make a purchase on your website. Therefore, we have put together a few easy ideas and tips for you to make your business heard over Father’s Day.
1) Put together a page on your website dedicated to Father’s Day products. So many people question what to buy their Dad’s for Father’s Day – they aren’t easy to choose a gift for. Do the work for your clients and, trust us, they will thank you. You could create a page on your site or post daily ideas on your social media pages in the style of a gift guide selection based on a Father’s interests.
2) Offer free gift wrapping. A lot of the time, people leave purchasing Father’s Day gifts to the last minute, so get one step ahead and offer free gift wrapping which is handy and always welcomed by busy children and spouses who have limited time to sneak off and hide the gift!
3) Don’t miss out if you offer a service. Your company doesn’t have to sell products for you to get involved in Father’s Day. For instance, if you own a hairdressing salon, you could offer a free haircut to Dad’s on Father’s Day when their child comes in for a haircut. Or, perhaps if your business offers golf lessons you could give away a golf-related gift with every purchase of the classes.
4) Host an event! Events are always popular and fun, and now you have an excuse to host one. If you have a store, you could host a special event in your space which is child-friendly to drive traffic and interest. On the day you could offer special discounts and a special area where children can make ‘secret’ purchases without their father seeing!
5) Run an email promotion. We could say this until the cows come home for every big occasion, but that’s because it’s so important. June can be a tricky time to keep your sales afloat but with email marketing, you can reach your customers directly. We think they’re great because they are very effective when promoting a time-sensitive sale or seasonal discount. Remind your clients of your special Father’s Day offers in the month as June approaches, and as the day gets closer you could consider offering some in-store promotions to draw more customers in.
If you take these tips on-board, you should be well on your way to boost sales for Father’s Day. Furthermore, if you are looking for bigger-scale ideas, check out our last article for some incredible Father’s Day marketing campaigns.
Posted: 17/05/2017 14:46:52